The Content of Broadcasting?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      The Content of Broadcasting?

      [ Consciousness and its content must be much the same as broadcasting
      and its content. Or a good analogy at any rate. You cannot broadcast
      nothing and you cannot receive a broadcast which contains nothing. ]

      Yup, true enough. Tune in to a station on any radio frequency band and
      what is the program about? Does it interest you? If it does not then
      you do not linger on that frequency. But there is such a thing as RADIO
      and its potential, whether used or not. The potential did not pop up
      when it was discovered, it was always there since the world was there as
      we know it. But what can you know about it if you don't study it and
      use it? Nothing.

      There is the phenomenon of Consciousness but we receive the content
      which it carries if we have what it takes to pick it up and receive it
      and then come to understand it. But I ask again – has anybody ever
      received consciousness devoid of content? Experience is the content of
      it; not the carrier wave devoid of information being carried. What use
      is consciousness to anybody if there is no content being carried? We
      know how a radio wave can be modulated to carry information but how does
      consciousness get modulated for that which it carries? A mystery eh.
      When in the state of primordial consciousness then how do we know what
      we know there? I don't know. Who does know? My only answer to that
      so far is that it is obvious that there is more than we yet know. But
      how much of that CAN be known? There are some aspects which I feel sure
      that we can never know. But plainly there is much more yet to learn than
      we do know as yet. I look forward to learning some of it, if and when.
      But to cope with all that which is already known is more than a
      lifetimes job for any one person. This does not mean that we are limited
      in what we can know but we are limited at each moment to the sum of what
      we do know at each moment. But we move on. It isn't over yet. And
      tomorrow is another day. From my viewpoint the whole of existence is
      about information and communication. The word `creation' is not
      even needed and it is meaningless. Nothing which exists comes from
      NOTHING. Life, consciousness and stuff is complicated and mysterious
      – NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

      rwr