Big loves and devotions?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      Big loves and devotions?

      [ And what have been your big loves and devotions Richard? ]

      Oh bloody hell mate ! My wife and kids. Life. Psychology. Physics.
      Cosmology. Philosophy. Politics. Exploration. Geography and map making.
      A girl I knew when I was sixteen. Mathematics (but I am bad at it).
      Astronomy. Engineering. Music. Mail and the means of delivering it.
      Radio communication and methods. Archery. Cycling and bicycles. Chess
      and its history. Drawing and technical drawing. Antiques, mainly
      furniture, clocks and porcelain. Well documented historical events.
      Architecture. Old buildings. Bridges. Studying Exmoor and London. Cats.
      Tropical fish. Birds. The seasons. Beers and brewing. All methods of
      communication. The arts. Trying to suss out women. They have been the
      major ones. But there are also many which I would have liked to have
      done but have not done and not had the time to do. The things I am least
      interested in are Gardening; Cooking; Golf. Enough for one lifetime me
      thinks. Too bloody much :- ))) I have often wished that I been
      interested in less things. But one cannot help being interested in this
      or that. It isn't a choice, it is a driving factor. In life I have
      always been highly motivated. And resolute in its endeavour. Existing
      sure was worthwhile and exciting. And I can never know NOT existing.

      Richard