Nuclear war threat in 1962?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2012
      Nuclear war threat in 1962?

      [ You must remember the nuclear war threat in 1962 well enough. Did you
      think there would be such a war? ]

      No, I did not. All the time that there is a human finger on the button
      of such a war then there will not be a war of that kind. If the decision
      rested in the lap of a computer then there could be. Theoretically there
      is more potential for such a war now than there was then, for the
      proliferation is far more widespread now than it was then. If a total
      and utter megalomaniac moron with no children and no family, and one
      with a will to die, had their hand on such a button then that of course
      would raise a theat. But even in a case like that then the fact that
      they were in a position of power would surely be enough for them to live
      for.

      But if such a thing had of happened then so be it. We are all going to
      go sometime. But all the time we ARE here then things MIGHT improve.
      They will NOT improve if we are NOT here. Not that anyone would care
      about that if we were not here :- )))) But in the event of such a war as
      that then I would feel very sorry for the survivors of it. Life would
      be grim indeed while it started up all over again. I use such a scenario
      in my fiction novel by the way.

      rwr