Re: Heaven is real says neurosurgeon

  • gil_serrano@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2012
    • Dick.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 26, 2012
        So what point are you, and or he, making with this communication? Have
        you made a study of the types of human experience and the degrees of
        each types? Dear death experiences are one of the most common types of
        psychic experience and they have been recorded ever since recording
        began in writing; albeit not by that name. They are ALL different, but
        they slot within one category of one type of human conscious experience.
        All you can prove from NDE's is that people can have them when close
        to death. Also, many people have no experience at all when near to
        death. They are not important and are no longer worth recording and
        disseminating. The study of the self is well worth studying however.
        Neither can you study consciousness devoid of content. There is no such
        thing as consciousness devoid of content. If you are conscious then you
        have to be conscious of something, even if it is of yourself in a void
        of nothing else. This is all old hat.

        Also, what difference does it make if a scientist is talking about an
        NDE or Fishmonger or a Bishop? None at all. But you are welcome to try
        and chew the bones out of this.

        rwr

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "gil_serrano@..." <gil_serrano@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Junius" bryan.junius@ wrote:

        http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/heaven-real-says-neurosurgeon-claim\
        s-visited-afterlife-213527063.html

      • gil_serrano@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 28, 2012
          Consciousness is a property not a "thing" or an object. NDE are not subject to the material sciences though they are of interest to the psychologist. NDE are psychological phenomena not "psychic" phenomena.My only point was not to imply a wholesale condemnation of the possibility of consciousness manifesting without the necessity of a living person (though it is difficult for me to see that as a very coherent idea) but rather I was making a specific comment about the content of that particular claim in that particular link.