A Productive Life Span?

  • Dick.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2012
      A Productive Life Span?

      [ Hope you are keeping reasonably well Merlin given what you have got.
      No doubt society or the paradigm would have a set age for a productive
      life span but life always proves the boffins wrong :)) ]

      :- ) I was written off as useless on my sixtieth birthday when they put
      me out to graze and gave me a pension which would not feed our animals.
      That was fourteen years ago before the internet days here. Somebody
      could spend their life in a wheelchair and still be productive and
      produce something useful to somebody if not society as a whole.

      I am glad that IPN set in in the feet and the bottom of the legs and not
      in the head and arms at the top. So I can still operate for a while :-
      ))) Yes, other than that (and which will only get worse a bit at a time)
      I am keeping well enough thanks. I cannot hump sacks of coal around but
      I can do other things. They might be useful to some people. No matter
      what one gets and at what age, so long as they have still got their
      marbles about them then they can do something productive even if they
      are a hundred. There are those who never do anything productive; and no
      matter how fit they are. Question is as to what society deems to be
      useful and productive :- )

      My son and his lady have gone to live in the French Alps, at least for a
      year (he can still operate his business from there while his staff are
      in the office in Avon). They sent some pictures yesterday; the place
      looks spectacular and it was in full warm sunshine; they were cycling in
      T shirts and shorts and sitting outside a place in a tiny hamlet near
      the Swiss boarder having a beer. All the trees there were in their
      autumnal glory of colours. This morning here there was a typical
      November type Exmoor grey bleak morning mist, and quite a chill, and I
      love it to bits :- ) Oh well, it takes all kinds of tastes does it not.
      Had lots of logs delivered here yesterday for the first part of the
      winter at least up to Yuletide and a little beyond; the cats and dogs
      will like that. Birthday next week so there should be some whisky
      arriving; I always look forward Halloween :- ))) Did you know that
      society deems Scorpios to be romantics, stubborn and very mysterious? I
      am NOT mysterious but I plead guilty to being resolute and a perennial
      romantic :- ))) There are some things about us which never change :- )
      Have a nice winter. And as they say, keep your woman in the bed and the
      wolves away from the door. Oh yeah, and have a productive life; and
      make sure that your kids get the opportunity to do the same.

      TTFN.

      Merlin von Exmoor.