The Nature of Belief

  • Charles Vermont
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2000
      Picking up on what you wrote, Thom, why is it that we have to choose to be theist, atheist or agnostic? What about a fourth way?

      If I rely on my personal experience as a guide, I could conclude that:

      a.. I have no personal experience of God and therefore I am not a theist
      b.. Just because I have no experience of God it does not mean that S/He does not exist, therefore I am not an atheist
      c.. I'm pretty sure of the above so I am not an agnostic
      Perhaps someone else can add to this to find a fifth and sixth way

      Charles Vermont
      london.uk

      PS Is anyone else feeling annoyed at the recent change to this list? I like to download my messages and read them offline. This new sponsor's tag means I keep on getting error messages whenever I open an email.