Re: ARGO

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 2012
      Bill,

      Yes, more cyber security, as recently requested by Secretary Panetta, is a huge front to be protected. As I'm reading Dewey I can't help but this of a pragmatic and educative experience many of our tech kids might want to be trained for, such important and exciting work. It sure beats the hell out of indoctrinating soldiers to respond after the fact. Let them learn quantum encryption and other computer engineering instead of wanting to design video games for hand to hand combat. Kids need to know where their food comes from and what technology can really do to enhance their lives, instead of simply slaving and consuming. Dropping out of the system doesn't really change anything.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2012
        And more importantly for a complete educative experience, children need to learn how and where things like computing toys and IPhones are made. If this is integrated with geography and history, young people will become more socially conscious and more engaged with domestic and global enterprises, just the thing certain interests want children to remain ignorant about. After all who wants them to know that slave labor and sweat shops make their life so much fun?!?