Heaven is real says neurosurgeon

  • Bryan Junius
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10 6:47 AM
    • gil_serrano@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25 6:12 PM
      • Dick.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26 6:00 AM
          So what point are you, and or he, making with this communication? Have
          you made a study of the types of human experience and the degrees of
          each types? Dear death experiences are one of the most common types of
          psychic experience and they have been recorded ever since recording
          began in writing; albeit not by that name. They are ALL different, but
          they slot within one category of one type of human conscious experience.
          All you can prove from NDE's is that people can have them when close
          to death. Also, many people have no experience at all when near to
          death. They are not important and are no longer worth recording and
          disseminating. The study of the self is well worth studying however.
          Neither can you study consciousness devoid of content. There is no such
          thing as consciousness devoid of content. If you are conscious then you
          have to be conscious of something, even if it is of yourself in a void
          of nothing else. This is all old hat.

          Also, what difference does it make if a scientist is talking about an
          NDE or Fishmonger or a Bishop? None at all. But you are welcome to try
          and chew the bones out of this.

          rwr

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "gil_serrano@..." <gil_serrano@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Junius" bryan.junius@ wrote:

          http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/heaven-real-says-neurosurgeon-claim\
          s-visited-afterlife-213527063.html

        • gil_serrano@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 28 12:56 PM
            Consciousness is a property not a "thing" or an object. NDE are not subject to the material sciences though they are of interest to the psychologist. NDE are psychological phenomena not "psychic" phenomena.My only point was not to imply a wholesale condemnation of the possibility of consciousness manifesting without the necessity of a living person (though it is difficult for me to see that as a very coherent idea) but rather I was making a specific comment about the content of that particular claim in that particular link.