Re: Not a Romney Fan

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2012
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Junius" <bryan.junius@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > This post came from someone else...and just wanted to share.
      >
      > ******
      >

      > A teacher asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Romney fans.
      >
      > Not really knowing what a Romney fan is, but wanting to be liked by the
      > teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Little Johnny...
      >
      > The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has decided to be different...
      > Again.
      >
      > Little Johnny said, "Because I'm not a Romney fan."
      >
      > The teacher asked, "Why aren't you a fan of Romney?" Johnny said,
      > "Because I'm a Liberal."
      >
      > The teacher asked him why he's a Liberal. Little Johnny answered,
      > "Well, my Mom's a Liberal and my Dad's a Liberal, so I'm a Liberal."
      >
      > Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked, "If your mom was a moron and
      > your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?"
      >
      > With a big smile, Little Johnny replied, "That would make me a Romney
      > fan."

      Bryan, I have known politicians since I was a child. I often saw them as a separate class that operated within a different set of norms than the rest of us. Many were lawyers and most were relatively wealthy. I compaired them against the health professionals and preferred the Docs as they seemed people who did more for others and had a better life philosophy. My profession put me somewhere between the two types. I was in business for myself but had healing responsibilities. We did not take the Hypocritic oath and it took me years to understand why. As businessmen we had to have the ability to defend ourselves. In court or on the street do no harm was often just not possible.
      I consider all lawyers to be politicians. I looked at politics but found it to aggressive ,too offensive for my taste. I have worked for politicians and learned that if you want to be a politician you must run for and win elections. Existing below that level is just wasting your time. Attributing high ideals to politicians is really to ask them to act beyond their calling. They are to get votes and then to lead.
      Now a community activist is a relatively new sort of politician while Romney as business man is very normal. I do not know if Romney has a law degree but Obama does. Obama has shown he can give lethal orders, Romney would seem to relish the idea as he likes to fire people.
      So I suppose I look for some mitigating idealism in a politician but I know what they are really about. So I do not see Romney as an idiot, I just see him as a very normal politician. With Obama I always look for something a bit better. Bill