Re: 7.8

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2012
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Junius" <bryan.junius@...> wrote:

      > Bill,
      >
      > When I lived in Jacksonville, Fl from 2005-2010, during Bush's reign in office at the white house - Jeb Bush was Governor here then (go figure),...for the first 2 years the jobs in Florida were O.K. Come 2008 the unemployment went from 9% to 14.2% in a course of 3 short years. And that was only third highest compared to Tennessee and Nevada. Detroit basically became an empty ghost city by 2012 because all the plants shut down and crime rates went through the roof alongside Nashville. It looked like the East coast started to bottom out after all the number of people I knew who became those "99ers". It was dreadful and depressing for some time.
      >
      > When I think of investment banking and all the money they are gambling away, I feel a sudden lurch in my belly to regurgitate. These banks that have gotten to big to fail should of never happened to begin with. They should of been deregulated into smaller banks and optimally decentralized - for example - when I lived in Germany I had a bank account with Sparkasse - at the time, I was annoyed with the way the Germans had their banking practices setup, as well as many other peculiarities I didn't like - anyway, if you have a bank account in, say Darmstadt, Germany and you go to Stuttgart for a day, which is 100 miles, you better have your ATM card cause you cannot use the same bank at a different location, they won't let you - all the cashier attendants will tell you is you have to go use your own bank. Literally, If I wanted to deposit money at my Sparkasse bank in Darmstadt and did it in Stuttgart, they would make me do a wire transaction back to Darmstadt and charge me for it in Stuttgart!
      >
      > Back then...I was so irritated with their way of banking, but after the financial meltdown we had, I think the German system was not so bad after all. It keeps banks honest and transparent to a certain degree in transactions, but I am sure, there would be downfalls to a full decentralization such as that, so maybe there can be a compromise in how we can reform banking practices.
      >
      > regards,
      >
      > Bryan Junius
      > Bryan, I think the Obama administration has banking figured out. Dodd and Frank are still around and I have heard them in hearings. They know the system inside out. Obama himself seems very knowledgable . I think they can and will regulate banks and insurance. The insurance companies are already feeling the heat. I was involved in a complaint against an insurance vender. The decision came from a federal source, the state mechanism of shoddy regulation was just side stepped. When the ins. boys took the bailout money they should have known they had let the feds in. The feds wont be leaving until they are sure the industry is on the up and up. Never let a fed buy.
      It seems we need to find some golden mean between high risk investing and securing of jobs and income for normal workers and investors. It can be done . If you really like losing money you should have the right to throw money at those wild men. My wife worked at the brokeradge and those brokers skinned everybody. They churned old lady accounts sold futures to those without proper credentuals and ran to their old competators when their company went belly up. Pirate is much too mild for these people.
      The bankers have to report to the house banking committee. The tea baggere have shielded them as of late. There are more statutory ways to regulate banks . Both Treasury and The Fed have great authority to force banking compliance. Most of these matters will not even make the papers or network news. It is just too esoteric material. I do not think we have hanged enough pirates as they are bold bastards and the perp walk should be just the first steps to the joint. Hang em high, they screwed all of us. Bill