Re: Suicide Vs, Crashes

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2012
      Bill,

      A living will or advance directive is a sensible method of imposing your will on how your final health care, legal and financial matters will be handled. If you're suddenly incapacitated or die suddenly these are settled. You can include a do not resuscitate provision as well. I moved from one state to another, so I have to create a new one , soon. I've been procrastinating. I'm not anticipating any squabbling over my bones, but I want to make sure my more sensitive offspring are accommodated. These matters won't concern me then.

      Last week I watched the film "Monsieur Lahzar" and was impressed with how the writers handled the topic of suicide. For whatever the reason, a teacher hangs herself in her classroom while the children are out at recess. Most of the children are traumatized. The replacement teacher, a widower applying for permanent residency status, was very attuned to their suppressed anger, but the administration wanted to handle it differently. It seemed an selfish and cruel act and Lahzar agreed.

      I doubt I will manage to orcestrate my will in death but I bluff and bluster such. I have come to care less and less about it as over and over I see it happens in strange and uncontrolled ways in others. One moment you are alive and the next moment you are dead but it seems how you have lived your life has more to do with the moment than how you planned your death.