Issues

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2012
      Mary and Bryan, I share your many concerns. For regular folks I think the best course is to fully live our modernism. Enjoy modern music and art, ignore foolish religions except to expose their bigotry and backwardness. Support expanded civil rights and support expanded civil liberties for all. Live our freedom in the light of openness and fair dealing. Do not knuckle under to fear and to Bob T do not make decisions while under duress. Take a lesson from our president and don`t let bullies like Bebe force your hand. Fight on your own terms from the high ground at the time of your choosing. Set the bullies up and remember you don`t have to play fair if you don`t get caught.
      I`m watching my fellow citisens vote here in Des Moines. Ill vote on election day as I have been a poll watcher here and like to keep an eye on the process. Exit pollers are something I especially look at. I wont answer their questions unless they answer mine. Stick a microphone in my face and I`ll demand to know who sent you and why?
      As I watch Bebe with his scary bomb diagram I have to laugh. The Iranian president would not even comment as he is learning how to fight smart in a modern world. Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2012
        I often watch Jon Stewart when Bebe's in NY or DC. It kind of puts the situation into perspective. An American Jew lampooning the prime minister reminds me of the reality than not every citizen of Israel agrees with their government's official stance. In reality, those are the people who have to stop the madness and turn things around, just like here. Last night Stewart mocked Netanyahu's bomb diagram, wondering if maybe he couldn't have just gone down into the basement for a more realistic and accurate rendering and called it a cartoon bomb. Humor sometimes diffuses things (pun intended).

        Mary

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <vize9938@...> wrote:

        > Mary and Bryan, I share your many concerns. For regular folks I think the best course is to fully live our modernism. Enjoy modern music and art, ignore foolish religions except to expose their bigotry and backwardness. Support expanded civil rights and support expanded civil liberties for all. Live our freedom in the light of openness and fair dealing. Do not knuckle under to fear and to Bob T do not make decisions while under duress. Take a lesson from our president and don`t let bullies like Bebe force your hand. Fight on your own terms from the high ground at the time of your choosing. Set the bullies up and remember you don`t have to play fair if you don`t get caught.
        > I`m watching my fellow citisens vote here in Des Moines. Ill vote on election day as I have been a poll watcher here and like to keep an eye on the process. Exit pollers are something I especially look at. I wont answer their questions unless they answer mine. Stick a microphone in my face and I`ll demand to know who sent you and why?
        > As I watch Bebe with his scary bomb diagram I have to laugh. The Iranian president would not even comment as he is learning how to fight smart in a modern world. Bill

      • William
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2012