RE: Digest Number 128

  • Rajiv Pande
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2000
      Dear JC - you said
      >you do not know any of the things you mentioned "for a fact." you just believe that you know >them. if someone else "knows for a fact" that something that you "know for a fact" is >incorrect, how would you handle that?
      Justin, like I said, facts are temporary truths on which the wings of thought do rest. Constant flights will tire any philosophical bird, and at a stage, the bird must rest, or be swallowed up in an increasingly dreamy semi-hypnotic state. A fact occurs when we snap our fingers and "just do it". We may sorely regret our action later, but, at the time, the action was more important than the goal.
      A fact is not knowledge, nor is it belief. A fact is merely an opportunity for the Ego to take decisive action. You did, and so did I. Think about this last sentence.
      Regards
      Rajiv

      [This message contained attachments]