Re: Two rich guys and bread lines

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
      Bill,

      I just finished watching this program and highly recommend it.

      http://billmoyers.com/segment/mike-lofgren-on-dysfunction-in-our-political-parties/

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
        And also for convenience, here's the link nestled within the PBS site for Lofgren's essay outlining his reasons for defecting from the Republican party.

        http://truth-out.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3079:goodbye-to-all-that-reflections-of-a-gop-operative-who-left-the-cult

        I'm particularly interested in his reasons for Democrats defecting as well.

        > Bill,
        >
        > I just finished watching this program and highly recommend it.
        >
        > http://billmoyers.com/segment/mike-lofgren-on-dysfunction-in-our-political-parties/
        >
        > Mary
      • William
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012

          > Bill,
          >
          > I just finished watching this program and highly recommend it.
          >
          > http://billmoyers.com/segment/mike-lofgren-on-dysfunction-in-our-political-parties/
          >
          > Mary
          > Mary ,I find much to agree with with Lofgren. He is now an independant and is fed up with the bible pounders and the rich shit shannigans. He sounds like he may be basically honest but as he calls the democrats inept he offers nothing to bring in change.
          I am starting to look to the manditory reductions as being the better course. I`m looking at whose ox gets gored and defense takes a hugh hit. That will really hurt the rich right and they are the black hand behind all this mischief. The dumb bible pounders will not like social security cuts and may see that their alliance with the rich was and is stupid and costly. The southern military and oil alliance will be downsized and it should be. The poor will take a hit but perhaps they should divorce their politics from their religion. I liked that idea from Lofgren. Splitting the rich right from the religous right would end the southern coalition and restore the old democratic coalition. So I do not trust Lofgren but think he sees the problem more clearly than most. His calling the Dems inept and lazy is spot on. If Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Obama and Hillary would not back down and force manditory cuts while explaining their greater strategy to the middle class they could end the southern strategy and break Nixons stranglehold on government. That is the last thing Lofgren wants. Bill

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
            Sorry, Bill, I must have missed why you said, "That is the last thing Lofgren wants." I'm weepy and exhausted worrying about what's happening to our democracy, so please explain when you get a chance. I need a nap . . .