Ref Consciousness Studies?

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2012
      Ref Consciousness Studies?

      [Good Morning, Dick –

      Just a quick note this morning for the discussion group: University of
      Arizona has a huge Consciousness Studies focus, including sponsoring a
      major conference every year called: Toward a Science of Consciousness.
      Hundreds of people from all over the world attend. The topics range from
      quantum packets, to brain synapses, to Eastern vs Western views, to
      Exceptional Human Experiences. Rhea and I were invited to give a
      workshop on EHEs in 1998—it was the most attended workshop of that
      conference. That was TSC III. So if anyone really is interested in some
      diversity of consciousness study and practitioners, they might want to
      check it out. I keep meaning to present/ go again as it is nearby in
      Tucson, AZ every other year. In Spring 2013, however, it looks to be
      taking place in India.. Too far for this one to travel by plane ;-)

      Much Love, SuZ ### P.S. Book (The Blue Hills Diary) to be out very
      soon; publisher working on the cover now. ]

      Good morning SuZ, hope all is well. Yes I know about them well enough, I
      and a few friends at the AHRC many years ago were invited to them. But
      at the instigation many years ago it was called the Mystics and
      Scientists conferences. Neither I or any of my friends then went, but
      some from there did go – including one neurologist who had
      plagiarised my stuff. Will not bother to mention a name. The initials
      are PF. But even if I had wanted to go I would not have been able to
      afford that or to take the time off from work.

      But as for studying oneself then it is nothing new. Even Socrates said
      all those years ago that a life not studied is a life wasted. And so it
      is. Hence Know Thy Self. But also know that which is not our self, for
      it is that which makes life worth living and investigating. It is the
      relationship of the dualistic integration of I and Thou in the unfolding
      implicate order. And I bet your book contains that. In fact I already
      know that it does, for I read the original one years ago. Look forward
      to reading the new version.

      All is as well as can be expected now. Bryony has another new horse by
      the way; from Ireland; quite an amazing eventer. This one is a Lady
      horse – the first Lady horse she has had :- )) She aims to win the
      Olympic Equestrian event one day ;- ) She sure has a way with horses. I
      keep well out of their way :- ))) Prefer four wheels and an ignition key
      myself. At least a car does not have a mind of its own every time I have
      ridden them they go where they want to go :- ))) Guess I have not got
      the knack. Too old to learn that now.

      Dick Richardson