Re: shrinking daily

  • fictiveparrot
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
      > > > Robert Creeley

      Actually met him several times, academic settings. One funny instance I was sitting next to him at a reading by Ray A. Youngbear. he had an assistant (RAY) that played drums for some of his work. Creeley liked tapping his foot, but couldnt keep time for a damn. Sorta funny if you think about it...

      Green Leaves
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
        Yes, Creeley certainly heard a different drummer. When listening to him read his works, I notice how irregular the line breaks and starts, almost unnatural for speech. I prefer to read him than listen to him, precisely because I can translate into my own rhythm by violating his intent.

        Mary