shrinking daily

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2012

      shrink daily. And
      he loves, but hates equally.

      Robert Creeley
    • fictiveparrot
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
        > Robert Creeley

        oh... An American poet...
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
          One of the best! I shamelessly imitated him for awhile, just until I found my own style. Mary

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fictiveparrot" <knott12@...> wrote:

          > > Robert Creeley
          >
          > oh... An American poet...

        • fictiveparrot
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
            > > > Robert Creeley

            Actually met him several times, academic settings. One funny instance I was sitting next to him at a reading by Ray A. Youngbear. he had an assistant (RAY) that played drums for some of his work. Creeley liked tapping his foot, but couldnt keep time for a damn. Sorta funny if you think about it...

            Green Leaves
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012
              Yes, Creeley certainly heard a different drummer. When listening to him read his works, I notice how irregular the line breaks and starts, almost unnatural for speech. I prefer to read him than listen to him, precisely because I can translate into my own rhythm by violating his intent.