The best American Poet?

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
      The best American Poet?

      [ Who is the best American poet in your estimation Merlin? ]

      Simon and Garfunkel. I have all their songs and it is all great
      philosophy. Best twosome ever.

      rwr

    • William
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

        > The best American Poet?
        >
        > [ Who is the best American poet in your estimation Merlin? ]
        >
        > Simon and Garfunkel. I have all their songs and it is all great
        > philosophy. Best twosome ever.
        >
        > rwr
        > Merlin, I met Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel in 1967. They were starting their rise to fame and were to appear at Loras College. Simon refused to play the gymnasium because he hated the acoustics. I asked the Msgr who headed the science dept to intervene and he agreed because he really wanted to hear them even though he was over eighty. The Msgr was a true nitpicking audiophile. He had McIntosch for Amp and speakers and Thorne for turntable. His apartments were a gallery of sound. We invited Simon and Garfunkl to his rooms and he proceeded to talk about sound while he slipped on some Buddy Holly. Simon said he could not risk a flop at this crucial time in his careere and Msgr guanteed him that the acoustics of the Gym were as good as his chambers when the auditorium was full. I chimed in that the house would be full as I was head dorm dick and I would guarantee a full house. Simon and Garfunkl retired to another room and the Msgr slipped their first record on the turntable. Garfunkl spoke for the first time and said they would play two pieces and then decide if they would finish the preformance. We knew we had them. The house was packed and hushed and they played two songs . It was beautiful and the place exploded in applause. They played a great gig and went on to be the true legends they have become. Grimm

      • rwr
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2012
          Nice story Pilgrim, I would have liked to have seen them live, as I say,
          the best twosome ever in my opinion. The diction was perfect, the words
          were great, the harmony was fantastic and all the tunes were top class.
          I have about 15 of their songs in the iTunes gizmo here. My second wife
          and I used to play them all the time when we were courting and after we
          lived together. They were very popular over here. I have never rated the
          beetles at all, all junk as far as I am concerned; same too with the
          stones. Also my favourite singer ever was an American girl, Eve Cassidy.
          I could have carried her off to my cave :- )))

          Merlin

          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" dick.richardson@ wrote:
          > >

          > > The best American Poet?
          > >
          > > [ Who is the best American poet in your estimation Merlin? ]
          > >
          > > Simon and Garfunkel. I have all their songs and it is all great
          > > philosophy. Best twosome ever.
          > >
          > > rwr
          > > Merlin, I met Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel in 1967. They were
          starting their rise to fame and were to appear at Loras College. Simon
          refused to play the gymnasium because he hated the acoustics. I asked
          the Msgr who headed the science dept to intervene and he agreed because
          he really wanted to hear them even though he was over eighty. The Msgr
          was a true nitpicking audiophile. He had McIntosch for Amp and
          speakers and Thorne for turntable. His apartments were a gallery of
          sound. We invited Simon and Garfunkl to his rooms and he proceeded to
          talk about sound while he slipped on some Buddy Holly. Simon said he
          could not risk a flop at this crucial time in his careere and Msgr
          guanteed him that the acoustics of the Gym were as good as his chambers
          when the auditorium was full. I chimed in that the house would be full
          as I was head dorm dick and I would guarantee a full house. Simon and
          Garfunkl retired to another room and the Msgr slipped their first record
          on the turntable. Garfunkl spoke for the first time and said they would
          play two pieces and then decide if they would finish the preformance. We
          knew we had them. The house was packed and hushed and they played two
          songs . It was beautiful and the place exploded in applause. They
          played a great gig and went on to be the true legends they have become.
          Grimm

        • fictiveparrot
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2012
            > [ Who is the best American poet in your estimation Merlin? ]
            >
            > Simon and Garfunkel. I have all their songs and it is all great
            > philosophy. Best twosome ever.

            You are indeed profoundly idiotic.

            This is a mystic's take? Did you perhaps not realize that there are American poets?

            http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/country/America/American_poets.html

            Parsleysage Rosmaryandthyme