RE: No facts?

  • Rajiv Pande
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2000
      Dear Charles, Justin,
      Facts are what lead me to action, what precipitate my actions. Facts, however are perceptions of reality, and need not actually *be* that reality. If I did not know for a fact that there is a computer in front of me this message would not have been possible. If I did not know for a fact that I have my own two bits worth to add about facts, I would not have composed this message. I like to see "facts" as temporary truths, explicitly evolved in perception in order to facilitate action. The proof of the fact is in the doing. The paranoid runs from what he believes to be a snake. Unless he believes it as a fact, he wouldn't be running as he is.
      Rajiv

      [This message contained attachments]
    • Jesus Christ
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2000
        rajiv,

        you do not know any of the things you mentioned "for a fact." you just believe that you know them. if someone else "knows for a fact" that something that you "know for a fact" is incorrect, how would you handle that?

        ==
        I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

        Win a Sony AIBO at...
        http://www.everyone.net
        Make Your Site Stronger(TM)