Inducing and Deduction?

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2 9:37 AM
      Inducing and Deduction?

      First and foremost I do not know the experience of which you speak there
      ma'am, so I cannot talk about it; but it sounds fun. It sounds a little
      bit like it MAY be a kind of state between sleep and being awake. But
      that is only a guess. I never have such half-way stages. One second I am
      awake and the next second I am asleep and unconscious – I like it
      that way too :- )))

      ( I have not had permission to put it on the groups yet YET by the way)

      When it comes to INDUCING experiences then I cannot comment on that
      either, for I have never ever tried to induce or force an altered state
      of consciousness. I have never meditated or done any rituals of any
      kind. Neither would I because it does not interest me in the least.
      Plus I like surprises :- ) All the experiences which I have ever talked
      about or written about have just come without my either trying to induce
      them or trying to prevent them. I like it that way. I did not want them
      or seek them out. Neither would I ever mess with the conscious mind or
      the subconscious mind. EVER. But I am well aware that they are the big
      crazes these days. But not for me.

      I would certainly agree that trying to deduce something is perhaps the
      second best way if not being able to get at the direct experience of an
      answer. The analogy which I used fifty years ago is still good enough.
      Take the four aces out of a pack of cards and lay three face up on the
      table and one face down. The person laying them down says they are all
      aces, so what is the hidden card? A simple matter of deduction through
      elimination. So you tell them that it is the Ace of Spades (because you
      know a pack of cards). They turn the card over and it is the seven of
      hearts. Either they have made a mistake or it was a lie :- )))) But you
      got the answer wrong either way :- ) But, deduce away like one may you
      still do not KNOW what that card is until it is turned over and you can
      SEE IT. PROOF !! I demand PROOF !

      As for the Transcendent mysterious RE-UNION event then there is NO WAY
      that THAT can be deduced from any another facet of life, the world, the
      cosmos. NONE of it. Nor can it be deduced from any other type of
      mysterious experience. All those who have known it will tell you the
      same thing. It is UNDETECTABLE – until you have found it :- ))))) If
      they don't like that then it is tough luck. I find it FUNNY :- ))))))

      Dick Richardson

    • rwr