Thanks for being there?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 28 11:22 PM
      Thanks for being there?

      [ Dick,

      I was sorry to hear about your medical condition but it has caused me to
      rearrange my immediate plans.

      I have done about all I can to get Power without Borders started and I
      am not quite ready to even begin thinking about its sequel so for the
      next year I am going to use my spare time drafting a new book:

      Three Persons in One Man

      Selections from the Works of

      Richard W. Richardson

      Compiled and Edited by

      Leon J. Neihouse

      You have written too much on way too many subjects for me to even
      contemplate a comprehensive work on you so I will restrict my focus to
      the above thin slice.

      According to my present plans, the book will include a selection of your
      poems and emails along with excerpts from your books and other essays
      with an emphasis on your views concerning the three A-B-C parts of human
      life.

      I will keep you updated on progress and will make modifications in
      response to whatever comments, questions, or concerns you might have.

      Thanks for being here.

      Leon ]

      And thanks for all you assistance over the years too Leon. Yup, you are
      dead right, I have written far too much. I would hate to have to read
      it all :- ) I am not too keen on reading :- ))) But if ever you do get
      that book done then it will be a shock to the grandchildren if ever they
      read it will it not :- ))) But you had best take all the naughty words
      out of it :- )))

      Here, you would have laughed – Just before I had that paint tube
      stuck up me one of the women was doing a bit of shaving and then
      splashed some disinfectant all over the area where they were going to
      put it. I yelled out – hey woman, you have spilled some of that gunk
      all over my balls and it is stinging like a red hot poker. That shocked
      them :- )) That was by far the worst bit of it actually and that burning
      lasted for about ten minutes :- ))) Gawed help us, the things a bloke
      has to put up with eh. Mind you, I would not fancy having babies. Sod
      that for a laugh.

      rwr

    • merlinofexmoor
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 28 11:27 PM
        Thanks for being there?

[...]

        all over my balls and it is stinging like a red got poker. That shocked
        them :- )) That was by far the worst bit of it actually and that burning
        lasted for about ten minutes :- ))) Gawed help us, the things a bloke
        has to put up with eh. Mind you, I would not fancy having babies. Sod
        that for a laugh.

        rwr

      • fictiveparrot
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 29 2:31 AM
          > dead right, I have written far too much. I would hate to have to read
          > it all :- )

          Why torture everyone else? Writing a lot does not in itself make it valuable.

          Stop Already
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 29 8:08 AM
            Because he imagines that he is writing for an imaginary audience, other mystics like himself, as I, likewise once wrote for an imaginary audience of existentialists. Virtual reality is this strange bunch of compulsives leaving traces of our illusions.

            The other illusion, non-written reality or experience or thinking, isn't virtual, but neither is it Real; the Real is Nothing, that which spawns all our illusions. My life is more wonderful and terrible than his, but who really cares?

            About to seed the copy-paste clouds for crazy counter-flooding. . .
            Mary

            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fictiveparrot" <knott12@...> wrote:

            > > dead right, I have written far too much. I would hate to have to read
            > > it all :- )
            >
            > Why torture everyone else? Writing a lot does not in itself make it valuable.
            >
            > Stop Already

          • William
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 29 12:18 PM

              > Because he imagines that he is writing for an imaginary audience, other mystics like himself, as I, likewise once wrote for an imaginary audience of existentialists. Virtual reality is this strange bunch of compulsives leaving traces of our illusions.
              >
              > The other illusion, non-written reality or experience or thinking, isn't virtual, but neither is it Real; the Real is Nothing, that which spawns all our illusions. My life is more wonderful and terrible than his, but who really cares?
              >
              > About to seed the copy-paste clouds for crazy counter-flooding. . .
              > Mary
              > Mary, I would ask you to consider Dick minus the mysticism. He is a modernist although not a book read existential scholar. Now I dare not use the formal term evoloution but the modern environment makes the modernist more fit to survive. I see a environmental existentialism that as Dick says comes from experience. I think he has come to a naturalised existentialism from his long life experience. I am about ten years younger and find that existentialism has been a great benefit to me though most of it was learned in my twenties. Mine was didactic but experience has cemented the knowledge through multiple experiences. Experience is the growth medium of existentialism as very few have studied it formally. More and more people are leaving religion and drifting into modernism. As Dick says religion is dying in europe and europe is more modern,more progressive than USA.
              I do not read the mystic gunk if you read Dick when he is speaking about his experiences outside of mysticism he is mostly existential in his outlook. Bill
              > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fictiveparrot" <knott12@> wrote:
              > >
              > > > dead right, I have written far too much. I would hate to have to read
              > > > it all :- )
              > >
              > > Why torture everyone else? Writing a lot does not in itself make it valuable.
              > >
              > > Stop Already

            • Peter Ciccariello
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 29 12:21 PM
                Why do I continue to read this list, even after all the vitriol? It's gems like this, powerfully compressed language! - "Virtual reality is this strange bunch of compulsives leaving traces of our illusions.". Thanks for that!

                -Peter

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 30 7:45 AM
                  I guess it's the friction of vitriolic certainty, my own included, which produces an occasional gem.

                  Just to clarify, the idea that the eternal void spawns anything should be reversed; it's our finitude, the tracings of our reality which "shape" the void, in the same way that a mask can be more real than what's beneath. There's nothing behind or beneath; there's only the illusion.

                  Thanks,

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 30 9:26 AM
                    Peter,

                    I guess the frictions of vitriolic certainty, my own included, produce an occasional gem. Fortunately, I mine and pilfer the lodes of vigorous minds like Zizek whose new opus (Less Than Nothing, Verso 2012) is educating and enthralling. You might appreciate his art and cultural critiques which are embedded throughout.

                    Just to clarify, the eternal void that spawns finite reality should be reversed; finitude reveals the void in the same way a mask is more revealing than the "real" face behind it. The void is the ground spawned by illusory being.

                    There is nothing behind or beneath appearances–no Real, no Big Other, no inaccessible Thing-in-Itself; there are only the experiences of our illusions and our reactive positing of their meaning. This isn't postmodernity and its denial of objective reality; its modernity based in speculative science.

                    This doesn't mean our illusions are immaterial. Though semblances vaccillate, they are the most concrete of all. There isn't anything else.

                    > I guess it's the friction of vitriolic certainty, my own included, which produces an occasional gem.
                    >
                    > Just to clarify, the idea that the eternal void spawns anything should be reversed; it's our finitude, the tracings of our reality which "shape" the void, in the same way that a mask can be more real than what's beneath. There's nothing behind or beneath; there's only the illusion.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Mary

                    > > Because he imagines that he is writing for an imaginary audience, other mystics like himself, as I, likewise once wrote for an imaginary audience of existentialists. Virtual reality is this strange bunch of compulsives leaving traces of our illusions.
                    > >
                    > > The other illusion, non-written reality or experience or thinking, isn't virtual, but neither is it Real; the Real is Nothing, that which spawns all our illusions. My life is more wonderful and terrible than his, but who really cares?
                    > >
                    > > About to seed the copy-paste clouds for crazy counter-flooding. . .
                    > > Mary

                    > > > Why torture everyone else? Writing a lot does not in itself make it valuable.
                    > > >
                    > > > Stop Already

                  • fictiveparrot
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 2, 2012
                      > > > dead right, I have written far too much. I would hate to have to read
                      > > > it all :- )

                      > > Why torture everyone else?

                      > Because he imagines that he is writing for
                      > an imaginary audience, other mystics like himself

                      He wants to torture other mystics? Someone should study sado-masochistic tendencies amongst the mystic community.

                      He posts sandstorms of emptiness to groups, pretending to be popular by asking himself questions that he has no answers to, which he tries to answer and says sandily, nothing. It is nearly as bad as leDuard, who at least could make a stupid statement with relative clarity so that you knew he was a moron. Him or that other militant hispanic dude who wrote the voluminous inconsistencies pretending to be eloquent. This one, dick-dick, is academically moronical... driveling volumes of words so vast that even he refuses to read them, and doing so with no intent to think or make a point except to force people into submission that he is brilliant because he says so.

                      It has taken me some 12 years of posting here to develop my fictional philosophy, and I respect exploration of that sort. But he has nothing to say, and I can't wait till death shuts him the fuck up.

                      Grimmer Wormtongue Reaper
                    • rwr
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 2, 2012

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 2, 2012
                          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fictiveparrot" <knott12@...> wrote:

                          <that other militant hispanic dude who wrote the voluminous inconsistencies
                          pretending to be eloquent.

                          He really wasn't, just a persona. Funny though how obsessed he was with your pseudonym. His was one of those masks I mentioned the other day. Which somewhat explains my eventual assertive reaction to his posts, the only part of our crumbling relationship which was fun for me.

                          Once the layered effects of a persona are removed, all that remains is more appearance.