Re: When I first learned of evolution?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2012
      Common growth and change are NOT evolution; a theory is NOT simply a guess. Philosophy is NOT common sense; it IS speculative science. Romance, mysticism, religion-lovely or terrible-are experience not philosophy. Philosophy is what ensues, the thinking and interpreting subject to peer review. If the review is mixed, is it simply knowledge or is it Truth? Personal experience is a type of knowledge but not Real. Our illusions are our reality, so figuring out what we do with them is either pointless (nihilism) or the most important work we'll ever practice.