Re: When Hermann Goering came calling

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2012
      It always amazes me as to how much people know about the war and the
      London Blitz when they were not even there. Or assume that they do.
      Probably not even alive then. Just as they know that the things which I
      talk and write about and describe in detail don't exist. It is not
      worth conversing with them. It was fascinating to walk around London
      with a camera when St Pauls was like an island standing amid rubble. I
      still have some of those old black and white snaps. So, the blitz only
      lasted one night did it? Funny then that all my relations lived there
      and they all said it lasted seventy days and nights; and that we got
      bombed out on the second night. :- )) Maybe we did not get bombed out
      at all, maybe I and my kin don't exist. Perhaps the island of
      Britain was an hallucination. Goring was after all a Morphine addict.
      Perhaps Hitler too hallucinated a tiny island which he could not beat.
      Night night Grim William, sweet dreams.

      rwr

      > St Pauls was still standing. The blitz is recounted as a day of
      incendary attack by the Luftwaffa. Goering was a ww1 ace who became Air
      Marshall of Hitlers Germany. He understood incendary air war. It was a
      new dicipline and Goering was an early master. Goering orchestrated the
      blitz which some say lasted six months and some say lasted only one
      night. I would defer to our survivor, Merlin.
      > The fire storm warriors were a swashbuckling lot who specialsed in
      burning cities. It all ended in Japan when Curtiss LeMay created his
      masterpiece at the hands of Col Tibbets who I have met more than once.
      Tibbits dropped the first atomic bomb who would not return to invade
      Japan. They wisely quit.
      > I think Hermann took cynade but I hope he was cremated. Le May was
      an extremist of destruction that fire bombed Tokyo. I think it was the
      better thing to do but I was raised by WW2 veterins who had no desire
      to invade the japanese home islands.
      > So St Pauls was an archetectural fraude with a wooden dome.
      Goerings raid never had its secound day wave arrive. The plan was to
      burn London and only a Kamakasi wind saved the city. Each side in that
      war derserved a break. Bill