If there were a cataclysm coming?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2012
      If there were a cataclysm coming?

      [ If it were realised that there was a cataclysm coming which was
      snuffing out humanity here and too late to be avoided, as you portray in
      your novel, and assuming none could get away to start again, then I
      wonder what people here would do in those last days while waiting for
      the end to come. Do you have any thoughts on that? ]

      Only guesses. But knowing in advance that it was coming then I think
      some would indeed try to leave by whatever potential for that existed at
      the time. But in the novel they worked it out three hundred years in
      advance and built tin cans in orbit for some thousands and then millions
      to live on. However, if such a thing was known to be coming, and plainly
      close at hand to them, then I think you would see exactly the same as
      what you see in any human disaster situation. That is to say both the
      very best and the very worst within humanity. I think they portrayed
      that kind of scenario quite well in the Titanic stories. You also see it
      in war zones the whole time, everywhere. It brings out folks true
      colours doesn't it. No pretence on the scene at such times.

      rwr