Is it bad to feel good?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2012
      Is it bad to feel good?

      [ With so much pain, misery, suffering, poverty, hardship, worry,
      sickness, loneliness and destitution, in the world is it right to talk
      about being happy and having enjoyed life? ]

      Is it wrong to mention it? If you had had a really unfortunate life (as
      some indeed seem too, and not always down to themselves) and hated it
      would it be right and honest to say that you had enjoyed it and been
      happy? But if you have then would it be right and honest to say that
      you had not? It would a lie would it not. You know the difference
      between a truth and a lie – yes? Also, what percentage of living
      people are in fact destitute? And why are they destitute? I have never
      made anybody destitute. Indeed, it would be nice to have what is needed
      to give them a lift up and a new start. But how? I have nothing to give
      them. I would if I could but I can't. Society at large could. Does
      it want to? Neither am I in a position to wave a magic wand and change
      the world and people.

      The question which I can, have done, and DO address is the question of
      as to what exists for the human mind to experience? Is there anything
      good to be had. And I have said YES THERE IS ! And I have said what.
      Have you? Would it be fair to LIFE to lie about it? I am not denying
      any of the hardship, pains, poverty, sickness et al, and I know well
      enough that it is there. But so too is the good stuff in life. I am
      conscious – so what is there to be conscious of? I asked it when I
      was six. It is what I talk about and write about. You DONT have to read
      it. But many do read it. What I found is not just applicable to me. And
      if somebody is talking and writing about poverty and hardship it is not
      just applicable to them. If you say that you have only found poverty and
      hardship then I have found that too. And I have also found more and
      better. All the time I draw breath I will talk about life as I found it.
      YOU can do the same. Anybody can do the same. Quit beefing at me and go
      and write your own story of what you found and lived and how you felt it
      about it all. And to tell a person that what they experienced, found,
      lived through, and known, is piffle crap and bullshit is the height of
      idiocy and ignorance. And it severely stinks of sour grapes.

      Dick Richardson