Extant Cultures and Variation?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 1:25 AM
      Extant Cultures and Variation?

      [ It seems to me that there was far more variety of different human
      cultures in the past then there are now. Of the existing ones then which
      comes closest to your ideal? ]

      None of them. And yes, by and large they are all much the same now,
      true, I would rather live here than any place else which I know on this
      planet at this point in time, or any time during my time; but it is
      nowhere near my ideal. None of them are. They can all go to pot, and the
      sooner the better. It is a mercenary swill bin. People will tire of it.
      Tomorrow is not going to carry the corpse of today on its back.

      But maybe you miss the point that culture is WIDER today than ever it
      has been in the past. AWARE OF MORE. More things to do, more choices to
      make, etc. How do you want to live? What do you want to do? Why
      interfere with anybody living how they want to live providing they are
      not inferring with anybody else? There has to be mutual cooperation and
      trade however, for nobody can exist here alone. You make this and I will
      make that. You do this and I will do that. But there certainly seems to
      be a crunch point looming very soon. Too many people and not enough room
      and resources. Something will have to go, or drastically change. And the
      sooner that happens the better. If there is going to be pain and
      suffering then let us have it today and get it over and done with. They
      can then move on that much sooner. Which would you rather have, a little
      pain today or a lot of pain tomorrow? The trouble with blindness is that
      it cannot see where it is going.

      rwr