A Jungle out there?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2012
      A Jungle out there?

      [ There never was an age of chivalry Richard, it is a jungle out there,
      as ever it was and no doubt always will be. A hive of self interest and
      self gratification encoded into the human make up. ]

      Well Ma'am, I don't ever recall saying or writing that there was
      an age of chivalry; and I agree with you, there is not one out there now
      either. But to whatever degree of chivalry which do you find out there
      will be conditional on as to what degree of chivalry is existing in
      people, and their actions, in this or that time period. It is not
      contingent upon the civilisation and culture, it is dependent upon what
      there is of it within this or that person. But I do find it rather
      degrading to the jungle to attribute the worst of human behaviour to its
      likeness. Anyway, Ma'am, the saying is still true – don't
      let the actions of others drag you to their level. As for the `make
      up' of conscious life and humanity then don't be too quick to
      judge that simply by the things which you see around you. Look within.
      DEEP within.

      rwr