Why existentialism?

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2012
      I have often been accused of having a philosophy full of negativity and nihlism. Certainly Doestoiesky and Neitche can been seen as full of such concept.
      A great deasl has happned since they lived and wrote.
      A close friend often says he is living the dream. He says this with great cynacism even though he is a born again christian . I realise now he is more cynical than I. Now I think I know why. I have evolved with science in my modernism. His christianity has the same old concepts that born agains live by. My philosophy keeps expanding while his just adds burdens to his wait for eternity.
      Now sifting through the masses of science postulated each day is a task and I admit it is a nearly impossible chore. I will not learn calculus to descipher Dick`s mathamatical friends. I will read articles that monitor new scientific theories and studies. I am not living a dream, I am living in a discernable reality that I have a reasonable understand of and about. I do not have to take drugs to revisit my hallicunitions. I do not need mystical transe states to find my security.I do not need preachers and priests to replenish my faith. I just need to learn rational concepts until I die and then I have done my existential best. I will not be judged, I just won`t be. Bill