Traditional thought prosesses

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2012
      It seems some of Dicks friends have equations that postulate other universes. They express their alternative universes in mathmatical symbols and say our very thoughts cause other universes to sprout out from our thoughts. Thus we exist in multiple ,branching worlds . This kind of thinking can neither be proved or disproved. This is the same conumdrum as diety . You cannot prove or disprove god. God is an abstraction just as these parallel universes are abstract mathamatical concepts. They have no empirical base and have no practical use except for speculation. If you follow out some of the sites you find for pay sites that claim to show you how to benefit from the parallel universes by various means. They want your money . This is a scam and the internet is full of them. It does not seem Dick is signing up for the courses and I am happy to see that. He has enough to deal with with his tussle with mysticism.

      Now at the risk of pissing him off[again} I am impressed by recent use of psysilopsybin usage in terminally ill patients. The comforts described by those taking the substance are similar to Dicks experience. There is a place in Jamaca where psilopsybin is served in Omlettes. The effects are similar to Dicks experience and are easily reproducable. Vendors. stroll the streets and ask"Have you had your mushroom today" These substances are mild hallilucinogens.Not as powerful as LSD but enough to cause feelings of alliance with general being and hope for good outcome for life. In the Caribbean they have been used for centuries. I know ergot poisoning has been responsible for similar episodes in Europe. Remember flash backs which were claimed possible with LSD usage. Dicks recurrence could be attributed to these recurrent episodes. Hard rationality could also cure such problems. Instead of being grounded in being one could be grounded in rationality and leave the mathamatical and mystical to pleasant speculation. Bill