Re: Will you ever see this Homo Ensophicus?

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2012
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "merlinofexmoor" <merlinofexmoor@...> wrote:

      > Will you ever see this Homo Ensophicus?
      >
      > [ Do you think that you will ever see this new level of humanity, or
      > homo ensophicus as you called it? ]
      >
      > I already have seen it. Well, a bit of it anyway. The edifice does not
      > stand still you know. Tis on the move the whole time. If you mean will I
      > personally (the package of stuff writing this here and now) ever see it
      > in a thousand years time and more then I will not be here in a thousand
      > years time and more, I am here now. But whoever is around when it
      > becomes the norm will know it well enough for they will be living it;
      > and no doubt slowly heading for the next mob after that. Sensory
      > Enhancement upon the Implicate Order, unfolding. The questions of what
      > am I and where do I come from only have one answer, and they can be
      > found, but the question of where I (and we) are going in time and space
      > is an open book. You cannot write about what has not happened yet can
      > you. Why don't you write about WHAT HAS? As for speculation about
      > what will happen tomorrow than that is about as useful as an empty beer
      > glass is today. Albeit that an empty beer glass can be filled up –
      > providing it has a bottom and it does not leak. And talking of which
      > reminds me. But you might get a wee speculative taste of it in the
      > Aldeen Ordinance.
      >
      > In the meantime enjoy what you have got here and now, and make the most
      > of it – and you. Using it works. Tis what it is for.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8YNxGmrwU&feature=relmfu
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8YNxGmrwU&feature=relmfu>
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-kWBOvfwdg
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-kWBOvfwdg>
      >
      > The whole work. This piece started my journey arcos the Styx when I was
      > very young by the way; and I discovered what Homo Ensophicus was based
      > upon. But the best was still yet to come then, I had to wait twenty
      > years for that to happen. But it did. It WILL out you know.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpyuZUSUPI&feature=related
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFpyuZUSUPI&feature=related>
      >
      > Dick Richardson.
      >Dick, I know you have named this higher order of life but it might help if you described it. Is it just a smarter human? It he bigger, faster, more comely? What attributes will he have that we lack?
      I suppose you see evolution as the mediator of this progress. If we proceed to poison the earth the resultant creature might be a regression. Smaller, uglier, more stupid could be the norm as they slink back into their caves. Extinction of the primates is possible. I point to the dynosaurs to show it is not necessarily a forward progression. It makes no difference for you or I either way. Our life in the present is well defined . I certainly agree with you that we should enjoy today and these sort of speculations make me happy. We were visited by a good size asteroid with an inside the moon distance close call. If it had hit we would have been the highest link on the hommonoid chain.So I am for the ascendance of your theoretical heibermench and agree you and I will most certainly not see him.Have you seen "The Ascendance of Man"by Bermounski? Grimm