The actor as full cast

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 1:44 PM
      Merlin thinks consciousness to be the property of sentient species. I would not be that expansive. I think of consciousness as personal and individual. I have had the recent pleasure of meeting an actor who plays all the characters in his stand up routine. He views his act as a unity but breathes life into each character as he makes them appear. He is not his characters and his consciousness remains the basket that contains the experiences he wishes to transmit. Seeing him he looks the same but voice and inflection change with characters. Now some seem to think that the more characters you can amass the more points you accumulate. I do not think anyone is keeping score.The acting, the accomplishment of one or many characters is a human consciousness. It is a singularity and is indivisable until death. Then it becomes history and is scattered about by the few or many who care about it. So writing here may settle ones desire for everlasting life but most know that is a mirage. Especially the existentialists know their writings like the characters in a solilaque fade when the master leaves the scene. As I understand it Shakespere is not a positive identity but at a point his plays and characters no longer appeared. In a strange existance someone died but many ,many of his characters live on. So I would not consider creating characters fales or wrong, it is simply a theatrical use of life. Grimm