Skip to search.

A world of murder?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2012
      A world of murder?

      [ But this is a world of murder Richard and that is for real too. What
      do you think of that? ]

      They do say, or rather statistics do, that there are about twenty eight
      murders a year for a population of one million people; leastways the
      last time I ever looked into statistics on that. But I don't know if
      that is the case or if their arithmetic was right. So, for a population
      of say 100 million then that would work out at about 7 murders a day.
      From what I saw of it, if I recall correctly places like Britain and the
      gun crazy USA were not even in the top twenty five list of places for
      the most murders per day per the number of people. I think Turkey was
      top of the list.

      As for myself then I have not a clue as to how many people get murdered
      each day. Or why. But that is not down to the world is it. My own view
      is that murder is the second most vile act a human being could ever
      commit. To deliberately take another person's life away from them
      here. One might well recover from attempted murder, but not from murder
      by definition. Once gone they are gone and sod all is going to bring
      them back here again to live that life.

      In all these years I have never ever known anybody who got murdered. Nor
      have I ever known anybody who was accused of murder or even suspected of
      it. I have known a few who were killed during a war and I have known
      just a very few who were killed by accident, such as a road traffic
      accident or falling off a ladder. But when all is said and done life
      here is not about coming here or leaving here, it is about BEING HERE.
      The middle bit. WHAT YOU LIVE. Did you enjoy it and do something with it
      or not? But of course I have known very few people out of the lot of
      them.

      BUT, if you are going to talk about a world of `SOMETHING' then
      why not pick on one of the far more common things in it here. Why not a
      world of EXPLOITATION and CURRUPTION? Why not a world of MUSIC and
      DANCING? Why not a world of LOVE? Why not a world of Nights and Days ?

      What has being here done for you? And what have you done for it? Judge
      that. For it is something which you DO KNOW. You don't have to
      believe it or think it or speculate it or imagine it or theorise it. IT
      IS. And it is axiomatic and unarguable. Philosophers ? Ppphhhtt:> !
      May your days be happy and bright.

      rwr