health care debate.

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2012
      I am listening to the reports from SCOTUS and have a few comments that will remain either way the case is decided.
      We do not have a health care problem, we have a health insurance problem. The professionals who treat patients are doing a fine job it is the business men who have attached themselves to the money in health care who need regulation.
      If the legislation is flawed it is in the fact that it did not evolve a single payer system that could supress insurance company greed. If overturned the legislation will throw the people into the jaws of insurance companies and few will be able to afford the horribly high premiums. Then real health care will suffer .
      Some ,here, will construe this as political but it is most philosophical in that it deals with the just relationship between citisens. So Susan and Dick I have spent my life in healthcare and say I know much more about it than either of you. So do not try to silence me. You are neophytes and have no right to silence me.
      I write with a sense of danger because I know what an inability to pay medical bills means to us all. In the recession the standard of care fell. Patients put things off, stopped preventive care . A great deal of care waS posponed or cancelled. Some of that care was life threatning and most impacted quality of life.
      If The affordable health care act is brought down we trade health for insurance company wealth. The conservative packed SCOTUS will probably have its way and the people will suffer for the greed of the few. Even saying this the greedy few may not not like what will become a less effective treatment system as business dominates medicine. The pie at stake in health care is finite and if the lions share is thrown to the business men the rest will suffer. WRH