Re: 56740

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 26, 2012
      It is pathetic lad that you say so much about something which you don't
      even know exists or anything about it :- ) have a good life. But you
      will know about it one day; I CAN assure you of that :- )))) I would
      like to see your face that day :- )))) Or perhaps not. You had best be
      alone that day.

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "merlinofexmoor" merlinofexmoor@
      wrote:

      > > That is OK mate, any time :- ) Yup I agree, it is good to have
      friends
      > > which support one. But they are few and far between. And it does
      not
      > > happen on internet groups. Mine never ever ever ever come to my
      > > assistance. I get cross about that sometimes too :- ) But never
      mind,
      > > I can go it alone. And isnt it true that you have zilch interest in
      what
      > > I talk of or even of learning anything about it? You kow bloody
      well it
      > > is true. But I dont hold it agianst you. I find it funny and sad.
      But I
      > > don't care. And you probably make a god job a seeing to folks
      > > teehtypegs. So that is worthwhile innit. Ker-bloody-Riced I have
      needed
      > > them a few times :- )) I tell it as it is Bill. Hard to swallow or
      not.
      > > I don't care if it is hard to swallow. Have you ever swollowed your
      > > pride?
      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <vize9938@> wrote:
      > > >Dick, I do not care about your childish nightmare of mysticism. So
      I hope you go back to Dungeons and Dragons and write to your nut
      faction. Since your mysticasm is whatever you say it is you should
      have no problem with authority figure wanna be`s like Susan.
      > I have thought about your capitalisation of so many words and have a
      theory as to your unliterary manners. Since you have nothing to say
      with the silly mysticism business you try to push on the words to try
      and get some meaning from nothing. It is a pathetic ruse as it adds
      nothing to the script. Try to keep your shift key in control. WRH

      > > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "merlinofexmoor" merlinofexmoor@

      > > that.
      > > the
      > > and
      > > was
      > > learn.
      > > knows

      > > or
      > > place.
      > > about
      > > existentialism
      > > found it
      I.
      > > And

    • William
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 26, 2012
        So if someone interjects a wildly eccentric topic like mysticism and I admit I do not want to know anything about it then in your twisted mind I need to learn about it. I don`t work like that Dick.
        Now Susan wants us to just talk about existentialism but she she admits she knows nothing about it and could care less. As the Sheriff said in "Cool Hand Luke" , What we have here is a failure to communicate.
        Now I liked your poem but it had only the most abstract of meanings . I liked your delineation between prose and poetry as poetry seems to come on like a slight fever and go away when the exposition is finished. Was they Kipling you quoted? WRH
      • merlinofexmoor
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 26, 2012
          You may well not care a jot about it William. And I do not doubt that
          for one moment. It is plainly obvious. But it isn't your call. You
          cannot stay here and it is inevitable that you WILL learn something
          about it. It is out of your hands. Take it up with the way life IS. I
          had to and so do the others. Everything goes back to from whence it
          came. YOU will too. Wait and see when that time comes. I don't quote
          people William, I learn for myself, and that is always done alone. On
          the rare occasions that I have mentioned a quote I put it in the
          appropriate quotation marks. No, that which you refer to was not him.
          And it was not even a direct quote, I altered it according to need ad
          hoc.

          > So if someone interjects a wildly eccentric topic like mysticism and
          I admit I do not want to know anything about it then in your twisted
          mind I need to learn about it. I don`t work like that Dick.
          > Now Susan wants us to just talk about existentialism but she she
          admits she knows nothing about it and could care less. As the Sheriff
          said in "Cool Hand Luke" , What we have here is a failure to
          communicate.
          > Now I liked your poem but it had only the most abstract of meanings
          . I liked your delineation between prose and poetry as poetry seems to
          come on like a slight fever and go away when the exposition is
          finished. Was they Kipling you quoted? WRH

        • Louise
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 26, 2012
            Dick wrote:

            "He only seems to be interested in politics, and local politics at that. I have never ever known such a small closed minded person. He is not the least bit interested in life, social culture and its evolution or philosophy."

            And this is supposed to be a description of Bill? If it were true, I doubt that the prose would be as good to read as it is. The energy of a life lived communicates in styles of speech and writing. Besides, there are so many good memories of posts that speak of art, music, life on the street, science, and so on. The group was flourishing, a few years back, and though there were conflicts, mutual stimulus brought forth lively and diverse posting. Politics has often come to the fore, then as now, and its linkage to existential concerns is something Bill often draws out.

            So thanks, Bill, I continue to follow what you have to say. I have never felt intimidated by you from writing whatever was in my mind to write, and it is not because of you that I ceased my posting.

            Clearly Susan is not convinced by arguments of the existential relevance of politics set in context; for myself, I think it unapt that pressure is put on you to change the topic, as though you were not on topic. In fact, one of your characteristic themes is the evolution of social and political culture.

            A bit rum, that Dick repeatedly tells us all to write about what we know, then complains, it seems, that you are writing of politics in the USA (if that is what 'local' means here)? Now I relapse into silence, whilst expecting the prevailing counterblast from the south-west.

            Louise (in the north-east)

            ps, here's a link to the poem by Coleridge -

            http://www.poetry-online.org/coleridge_kubla_khan.htm
          • William
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 27, 2012
              --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <hecubatoher@...> wrote:

              > Dick wrote:
              >
              > "He only seems to be interested in politics, and local politics at that. I have never ever known such a small closed minded person. He is not the least bit interested in life, social culture and its evolution or philosophy."
              >
              > And this is supposed to be a description of Bill? If it were true, I doubt that the prose would be as good to read as it is. The energy of a life lived communicates in styles of speech and writing. Besides, there are so many good memories of posts that speak of art, music, life on the street, science, and so on. The group was flourishing, a few years back, and though there were conflicts, mutual stimulus brought forth lively and diverse posting. Politics has often come to the fore, then as now, and its linkage to existential concerns is something Bill often draws out.
              >
              > So thanks, Bill, I continue to follow what you have to say. I have never felt intimidated by you from writing whatever was in my mind to write, and it is not because of you that I ceased my posting.
              >
              > Clearly Susan is not convinced by arguments of the existential relevance of politics set in context; for myself, I think it unapt that pressure is put on you to change the topic, as though you were not on topic. In fact, one of your characteristic themes is the evolution of social and political culture.
              >
              > A bit rum, that Dick repeatedly tells us all to write about what we know, then complains, it seems, that you are writing of politics in the USA (if that is what 'local' means here)? Now I relapse into silence, whilst expecting the prevailing counterblast from the south-west.
              >
              > Louise (in the north-east)
              > Thank you, Louise. I have a new appreciation for Coleridge. Bill
              > ps, here's a link to the poem by Coleridge -
              >
              > http://www.poetry-online.org/coleridge_kubla_khan.htm

            • fictiveparrot
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 29, 2012
                > ...this isn't a political discussion group. This is an existential philosophy group.
                > Unless the political discussion is directly tied into philosophy, it is out of place

                I would think that most of political discussion could be tied to philosophy. What excuses do we make for 'mysticism', which by my last count was something akin to fantasy per the 'owner' of said topic? If one is discussing the purchase of makeup, then there is probably enough to squelch the post, especially if there is a price tag and place to send funds. That is likely your objective spam... But here i am discussing the philosophy of groups -- which I dont happen to believe in. does that mean it is not philosophy? Merlin burr blablas about mystical experience which he has failed to even define -- let alone wrap context in philosophy around -- and yet his unending posts meet the shore as relentlessly as the tide.

                Personally I dont care for politics...but it is one of the ways Bill has of stating his feasts of mind. I am sure makup, like clams, can be turned to a philosophy, in fact, I'd be glad to offered the opportunity and I'll insult 'mysticism' (as yet undefined) in the process.

                The moderator may have the power to edit, but that does not mean the power needs to be exercised. Stand the vacuum in the closet, and the dying voices will die (except, apparently, for Dick-dicks).

                Liz Clayunborn