Would you bomb a city?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2012
      Would you bomb a city?

      [ Would you ever bomb a city Richard the mystic? ]

      If I had to yes. I have never bombed anything and never killed anything,
      and I have never had to I am glad to say. But not all circumstances
      supply the possibility of a good decision do they. Hitler began by
      bombing the airfields because he could not win the war of the air,
      albeit that he ought to have done with all that machinery and men. But
      he could not. Did he bomb London just out of revenge or did he do it to
      try and demoralise the population? But it didn't work did it, it just
      made the population even more angry and irate – including me for I
      was under it :- ))) But winning the war of the air prevented them from
      sailing here.

      Was it right for England to bomb Dresden? Yes. I would have done that
      too. Bombing Dresden and places around there allowed the Russians to get
      to Berlin, for the allied forces could not get there in time to prevent
      them getting an atomic bomb. How wonderful would it have been if
      Hitler's mob had got the atomic bomb first? What do you imagine that
      would have been like? War never was and never will be a Gentlemanly
      affair lad. It is about winning it or not winning it. Be glad that you
      don't have to make such diabolical decisions. And as for allowing the
      Germans to bomb some places then the alternative would be to reveal that
      they were busting the codes. That could not happen. The greater good and
      all that. Nice? NO ! But needs must at the time. Not the best of times
      eh. Did the USA allow Japan to bomb Pearl Harbour??? Feel lucky that
      you were not there.

      The name is not Richard the mystic by the way. Are you trying to be
      clever? DONT, for you AINT. And if you were then you would not have to
      try. Gander off back down your hole.

      Dick Richardson