Ref Depression

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2012
      Ref Depression

      [ Merlin, The depression malady is another one of thos disease states
      that make more money for the talking cure crowd and the pill makers. I
      am not talking about the deeply disturbed who are incapacitated by
      disturbed brain chemistries, I am speaking about the mob that Mick
      jagger tuned up in "Mothers little helper' . Then, again "Jagged little
      pill" comes to mind. The scoundrils and phony docs who push 12 step
      programs twist facts to expose never ending addictions. Your comments
      about the danger of so many foods are particularly on spot. Those who
      wish to ban are the real slugs of the world. Dick has always had a word
      about that sort and what he says needs to be said. I am still debating
      your request to write my philosophy. I fear a manifesto sort of
      diatribe and will pobably restrain myself and spare you. I wrote
      ittwenty years ago and little has changed but situations in the world
      around me. I wish to use as example the recently deceased Whitney
      Houston. She was denounced as a drug ridden villin before the toxicology
      came back. She drown but Dr Drew was quick to say it was probably a
      cocain overdose. What ever happned to" do no harm "? Bill ]

      You have dragged me back again ain't yer :- )) The Houston case is
      very sad, but no more sad than any of them; they are all tragic. I
      thought she was fantastic, and what a voice, and very pretty too. As was
      Eva Cassidy; but she died young of natural causes. I would not have
      said no given the chance :- ) And she could sing to me all night –
      well, perhaps not ALL night :- ))) But she could not handle the fame
      could she; and or people maybe. Many cant. I would be able to but that
      ain't ever going to happen :- )))) To have some great talent and not
      use it is a waste, but to use it and not be able to handle it is very
      sad. Cannot close friends and family see that coming and step in?

      So, go ahead and write your philosophy and understanding of life and
      society, I did. First in poems, then in six books, then in hundreds of
      articles and emails and then even squeezed it into a novel. Man, you
      have to try. If some read it then fine, if nobody ever reads it then
      that is fine too – at least one made a noise and tried :- )))
      Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today, for you might be
      dead tomorrow chum. "Do no harm"? Dunno what happened to it.
      But it went. Gone with the wind mate. But any individual can still live
      by it. But doing no harm is NOT good enough. One ought to also do some
      good. Millions of folks do some good every day. But they don't make
      news. The Media is not interested in that.

      Merlin