Alone when all is over?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 4:01 AM
      Alone when all is over?

      [ I don't know that which you talk of about being alone when it is
      all over here, but I do know what it is like sitting alone in a house
      that you are moving out of and remembering all the past times there.
      That is a sobering kind of feeling. ]

      Yes, I know that one well enough having moved house twenty six times
      over the years; and that never changes does it; and albeit different
      memories and different events :- ) I also know the one where you are
      preparing to live in a new home and sitting there alone after taking
      measurements and all that, and wondering what living there will be like
      and what it will bring. Only ever once, in twenty six places, was I ever
      disappointed, so we moved out within six months of moving in :- ))) But,
      yes indeed, the moving out bit is far more profound and moving isn't
      it. And that somewhat sad little feeling of no more. I never miss the
      opportunity to soak that moment up. Just a few of those moves, after so
      long and so many good times there, were quite hard moments to swallow.
      Bricks and mortar are only a house until folks live there and it is then
      a home. Many of those past houses do not even exist now, and in some
      cases the road where they stood has also long gone.

      Actually, that analogy which you make there is quite a good one in fact.
      Although it is nothing like the experience of the dark LIMBO bit and
      that blackness there when passing across the Styx, but the feeling is in
      fact very much the same. No more, it is gone. One does not know that
      there will be more at that time at least.

      Time and Eternity – Being and Becoming - strange things eh. But we
      encompass it all and tell the tale. A great wonder, dear Asclepius, is
      Man.

      Gnothi Seauton.

      rwr