Missing being here?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2012
      Missing being here?

      [ In message number 3996 the question of whether one would miss being
      here is raised. But would one miss being here more if one had had an
      enjoyable life here than if one had not? ]

      The question was also answered in the same message wasn't it. And a very
      personal and subjective point it is. You want me to say more about that
      than I did there? Very well.

      You can only miss being here if you are in a position to miss being
      here, for a while. That is to say of you are conscious but `HERE' is not
      there any more. (as in crossing the Styx) I have only ever known this
      once, and I was quite young then. At that time one third of life here
      had been during the worst of times and not in a very good place. So,
      one third of a lifetime is quite a big chunk of it isn't it. But one
      tenth of it is not a large chunk of it. However, even then there was a
      touch of missing it for I had enjoyed it nonetheless. Would I have
      missed it if I had not enjoyed it at all? I don't know for I have never
      been in that situation. But, the trip was also exciting so I did not
      miss being here that much, and not for very long; and I had no idea at
      all what was coming.

      IF I found myself in that position again, now, at this age and stage of
      the game then would I miss it more now? Maybe, I don't know, so that is
      only a maybe. But I would know what might well be coming wouldn't I :-
      ))) But as I also said in the first reply to this; when the body is old
      and more or less worn out and not fit like it was for the previous
      seventy years, then what the hell – a good time to go isn't it. Keep
      in mind too that every night when there is no consciousness then you
      cannot miss being here can you. So, you can only make a judgement such
      as that IF you ARE conscious when `HERE' is not there anymore.

      So, IF you find yourself in that position where you are capable of
      making a judgment like that when `HERE' is not there any more then wait
      and see what your judgment of that situation is. It the meantime you can
      give thought to it and speculate. But I imagine that if somebody had had
      a really miserable and crappy life here then they would not miss being
      here at all. And rightly so. But I would be more interested in as to
      WHY they had had a really miserable and crappy life here; for it ain't
      necessary. So, let us try to make it that everybody will miss being here
      shall we ! Assuming that anyone cares that is. I said this in the very
      first book. Maybe you ought to advertise it :- )))) And it is free.
      And I again reiterate, you cannot chat with dead mystics. But they like
      the dead ones best don't they; for they don't argue and fight back.
      Neither will I when I ain't here :- )))))) But I am here now. Make
      good use of the NOW.

      rwr