Homo Obesesus?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2012
      Homo Obesesus?

      [ The world has never known so many obese people. Do you think there is
      a species of Homo Obesus mister Merlin? ]

      Hard though it may be to accept I have only known this place for seventy
      four years, so I have no idea what the world has ever known, and
      assuming that world knows anything at all – I hope not for its sake.
      But in the seventy four years I have been around these parts then I have
      never seen so many fat people as I see around these days. You were
      either dead lucky or dead rich to even see a banana when I was young.
      Three meals a day was unheard of. Not that I can remember anything
      before 1940; nor can I speak for those before my time. However, there
      have never been this many people around before, and no matter whether
      they are fat or slim. So how long will this gluttony of food lovers go
      on for? Are they fat because the eat too much and do not exercise
      enough? That is one of the theories. Is it true? I do not know. I have
      never been a big eater, albeit that I probably do eat too much crap in
      the way of sweets, cakes and chocolate. But I have not put on any weight
      or lost it since I was sixteen. Dead lucky eh. But I do not live to eat
      either. I do not eat until I am full I eat until I am no longer hungry.
      Having to eat is a great bore and waste of time to me, but you have to
      eat some to stay here. As for drinking water then I prefer it in the
      form of beer.

      I remember the days when I used to write books I could go a couple of
      days without sleep and all I lived on was coffee and fags, and few
      biscuits (cookies). So interested in what you are doing that nothing
      else matters. LOSE yourself in things and that will keep you slim and
      healthy :- ))) You will never be liberated all the time you are thinking
      about you. You have to lose yourself in order to KNOW your SELF, and
      when you know your SELF then it becomes other things that matter –
      that which IS NOT you. It is there to find. But you CANNOT know what
      you are NOT until you first KNOW what you are. You will never ever find
      you in space and time. FACT. And you are NOT a homo anything. Just raw
      primordial conscious existence; and it never changes or evolves – I
      AM THAT. What are you? It is there to find. So fat your body may well
      be but you are not FAT.

      Merlin