Flatline for 78 minutes?

  • merlinofexmoor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2012
      Flatline for 78 minutes?

      [ What do think about that young footballer who was flatline for
      seventy eight munities in the cup match between Bolton Wanderers and
      Tottenham Hotspur ?]

      Incredible isn't it. I have sure never heard of anybody being
      flatline for that long. But it does seem that he had everything possible
      going for him. Fantastic on the pitch medication, and even a spurs
      supporter came on the pitch who was a cardiologist. He got him into his
      own hospital straight away and they never stopped working on him at all.
      He was also young, strong, a very fit athlete, so he had it all going
      for him. Let us hope that he makes a full recovery. My wife was
      flatline but only for five minutes. That is scary enough.

      My first wife had a young relation (son of an aunt of hers) who I had
      only just finished teaching him to drive a few weeks before. He was
      nineteen and also a footballer. He died during a football game. No
      injury and no contact, he just dropped dead. That was a shock for
      everybody, including me. Fine young lad too. These things happen.
      Fortunately not too often. To go that way when old would be great, but
      not when your life is supposed to be ahead of you. I can remember
      running away from irate adults on quite a few occasions when I was a
      little kid in Tottenham and your little heart and lungs are thumping fit
      to bust and all throbbing in your ears like a pounding drum.

      rwr