Re: Make me my tea ever yet

  • William
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2012
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "merlinofexmoor" <merlinofexmoor@...> wrote:

      > Make me my tea ever yet
      >
      > [ Is it true that Jerusalem, words by Blake, is really considered to be
      > the real English national anthem? Are you a fan of Blake? ]
      >
      > No. England does not have a national anthem. Don't know where you got
      > that idea from mate. But the song is closely linked with Glastonbury in
      > Somerset in comparison to the dark smoky mills of the over
      > industrialised midlands a hundred or so years ago. But all the heavy
      > work and sweat-shops have gone to China and the East now. No, I am not
      > a fan of Blake. I am not a fan of anybody.
      >
      > But if England did have a national anthem then it would probably be the
      > one that goes; Gawd, who makes me my tea? Make me my tea e'er yet :-
      > ))) Goes like this case you don't know it ...
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3sMZbsWLkA&feature=related
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3sMZbsWLkA&feature=related>
      >
      > The tiny realm where democracy, freedom, liberty and justice were born
      > via a hard and long birth pain via the Magna Carta Libertatum, and so
      > much strife and fighting for it. No free man shall be seized or
      > imprisoned, or stripped of his rights or possessions, or outlawed or
      > exiled; nor will we proceed with force against him; except by the lawful
      > judgement of his equals or by the law of the land. To no one will we
      > sell, to no one deny or delay right or justice. Did priestcraft and
      > their religions ever do that? Ppphhhttt. However, nice in principle
      > though it is (and I would concur with that) there is not much of it
      > around and truly liberated as yet is there. That'll be the day eh. But
      > keep fighting for it.
      >
      > No, England does not have a national anthem nor a written constitution.
      > I am glad to say. But they did have a dream. But fallen asleep now out
      > of being weary and worn out. Big things will not be baked in a small
      > oven; other than a flash in the pan maybe.
      >
      > rwr
      > Merlin, I am glad to hear that gawd save the king is not your anthem. Our anthem is actually an old english drinking music relyriced to the National anthem. You have a rebirth in the extremely handsome ,young royals you have coming up.The young princess is a dream and the princes seem human .
      I recently watched a movie about a roman legionaire who went back north of Hadrians Wall to reclaim his family honor.It portrayed the pre roman britons as wild people , hunter gatherers. Now it may be you need a reinfusion of new genes. That they seem to be near eastern and islamic does seem a regression in many ways. Go to our southwest and see the indian hispanics and you could not help being reminded of the pre roman Britons. Indeed the civilisations come and go but the ideas of personal freedom do not necessarily transfer the gaps. It seems we will always be civilising the barbarian but that is surly a rocky road up. The pope is headed to Mexico to mess up a troubled nation. how sad and regressive. Maby the cartel will get him. Bill