Friday afternoon

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2012
      I have been reading an article called invest in what you know. On the face that seems reasonable. Army got me interested in strategic materials and Army got me interested in geopolitics. Distaste with religion took me to existentialism and modernism easily coupled with a geopolitical view. So I am a ball of modernist views coupled with US political agenda . I see multinationalism in a skeptical light as I connect it with post modernism and neocon politics. The neocons got us in the two ignorant wars that almost bankrupted US. I knew those wars were a mistake and hope we can get out of Afganistan soon. Existentialism is not necessarily pacifist but wars against your national interest should be opposed.
      Dodd, Frank is proving more effective than what first seemed the case. Goldman Sacs admits the legislation has shut down a good deal of their highly speculative projects. I understand one of their top executives has resigned and is spilling the beans on some very reprehensensible programs. He was stationed in London and probably has better protection there than in New York. Cleaning up the international banking duress will be a multi national legal matter. I do not know ir any organisation has jurisdiction. Who would want it.

      Now taking a positive tact I hope the noncom who allegedly killed the Afgans may be the soldier who ends an open ended and bad involvement. I knew he would end up at Leavenworth it just seemed the only place. We may need a full division to defend him at trial. The boys across the road at Riley can probably handle it. So on this Friday this is how it seems to me. it is some of what I know and I am still writing here. WRH