"Liberty is dangerous" Albert Camus

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2012
      That was the beginning of the lead article in Forbes. So why is a financial rag quoting an existentialist? I am watching Obama at a Dreamliner plant in Wash. He is showing off the beginnings of prosperity due to a perilous pursuit of liberty. The gambel on liberty that Obama took is paying off. Look at the Dow, look at falling unemployment Nos. ,look at the Attorneys General dunning the banks for their criminal behavours. We kept the faith, did not fail and supported Obama and he has done a good many courageous and dangerous things.
      As JFK said " We do these things not because they are easy ,but because they are hard". It took guts to pull the trigger on Osama .It has taken guile to back down the obstructionist congress but they just caved in on enemployment and middle class tax cuts. All of this goes to fairness and Americans are buying in with reborn enthusiasm. We are coming back and doing so from a much more existentialist perspective. Bill