Last of the list

  • William
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 22, 2012
      It appears Susan will have her way. What CSW started so long ago with"Testing testing" is laid low by narrow application of random rules and personal judgements, unexplained. From the first, to the days of Biggie this was a boisterous idea pit written with emotion and passion. CSW from liberal California and later from weirdly liberal Minnesota let the fur fly and this was a first class group. Then her loardship took up the ax,"For the children". First she banned foul language. She rose along with MADD women and this group was doomed. Some wrote on but she had let the air out and she proceeded to the soft leftist fringe to pic apart anything not of her liking as "Political" . When Dick overthrew her with sheer volumn she dropped him for flooding. He just had more energy and better records keeping than her as he has a crossed referenced hard drive of his writings . She is far too lazy to respond to all those ideas and questions so she did what a good Madd woman would, she banned him.
      Susan had a recipe for the ideal post:short and simple enough for her to scan, pious enough to suit her standards de jour, and soft leftist as her oun poached egg appetites. Now the acedemics still gravitate to the left and Susan stands by her man defending writers she does not understand.Those she is told to agree with are philosophers, the rest are political.
      Now after this depression I expect her to try to rebuild her soft leftist cabal. I will be watching from other places and can pop in for a joust. You have done your duty Susan in stiffling fair discourse, enjoy your moment,Alone.
    • Susan Schnelbach
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 23, 2012
        The group wanted Dick removed and he purposely violated the rules. Rather than listen to the constant complaints and watch more people leave the group, we dropped him. I would have preferred to just let him be, but most people didn't seem to know how to just funnel his posts directly to their email trash instead of reading him and complaining.

        It is unfortunately that most of the active members have departed. Some of you wanted tighter moderation and some of you want none.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 30, 2012
          Now would be an excellent time for some of the lurkers to jump in and start a new conversation.
        • Mark Kalior
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2012
            The mind-state is a collection of beliefs, perspectives and purpensenties. The mind-state tends toward comfort. Comfort in a broad sense. Comfortable beliefs, comfortable perspectives, etc.

            Pain can take us out of our comfort. We can realize at this time, that our comfort distance us from reality. Most of what can be experienced in our daily lives, is ignored, if favor of what is important. Our mind-state tells us what is important. We miss most of what direct experience has to offer.

            I suspect our lives would be richer, if only we would choose to be aware of what we experience. This focus might lead us to change our mind-state.

            This endeavor would lead us to suspend our beliefs, perspectives and purpensendies, so as to live a richer life. Perhaps a life of constant discovery and mystery.

            Perhaps, by comparison, we haven't lived at all.

            Now would be an excellent time for some of the lurkers to jump in and start a new conversation.

          • westbrookj57
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
              What is Mind? And what are we missing that direct experience has to offer? Isnt all life experience direct experience of the things experienced? What is left when there is no experience? How do you know if you have lived then? What are you talking about?

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
                Most of what we experience is our thoughts and feelings. We all experience life, but most of our direct experience is filtered out. And what direct experience we are aware of is interpreted by our memories of the past, in context of our beliefs, judged by our fears, and cast into neat categories that have meaning only to our sense of self. While this process is normal, we are almost unaware of all the action going on around us. The dramas are being played out all around us. We are so focus on own story, that most of these other-dramas have no meaning. But this attitude is very narrow. We have no idea, what we are missing. We have no idea, what missed opportunities may show us.

                We live our life, like a blind man, who is very comfortable and can not image why he should venture into a world beyond is comfort. This is a small world, comfortable, boring, unchanging and known.

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
                  If what `WE' are all doing, is `wrong', and in so doing then missing the real drama of life, then why don't YOU stop doing it and go off and experience the real drama of life? I am not complaining, and life has been wonderful and still is. And who is the `WE' of whom you speak? How many peoples lives are you living and knowing? You can only know one, your own. Is it good? Why don't you answer questions if I may be so bold as to ask?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
                    I am not saying there is any thing wrong. Like some people like to read, some people don't. There is no wrong or right. But, we have to live with our decisions. And by "we" I mean myself and most, if not all people. I am guessing, because I do not know, that most people have the same processes. And I, certainly intend to change my process and perspectives, but I have found that making this change is no simple matter. Kind of like, simply deciding to be happy. Most of us can be happy for a while, but always being happy is beyond most of us.

                    I am not preaching or even trying to convince anyone. I am simply sharing an idea or perhaps an realization, that I had. I did receive an invitation, to contribute.
                    ....I was kind of hoping, someone in the group, had a similar realization and there would be exchange of experience in this realm.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 4, 2012
                      Most of the people whom I speak to seem to know well enough that they have to live with their decisions and the consequential effects of them, so that is not new or rocket science is it. It is where the buck stops. Thank you for answering the question and saying that you were guessing. Your first email made is sound like an assertion of phenomenal fact. Good luck in changing your ways and finding whatever it is that you are looking for. Hope it works for you and that you find it better than the old way.