Husserl

  • William
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 20, 2012
      As with the religous,the scientific,the philosophical there is no argueing with them. I have been a forced religionist and I was dogmatic. Of course I was highly encouraged to be a prick and by temperment ,being aggressive, I was usually in compliance. Then I came upon science and it certainly had more grist and substance so I threw down religion and studied science,for years. I am still dogmatic about science. it is the dicipline that works and religion rarely worked.
      Now philosophy came on during my scientific studies. I look at it as an entertainment. Something to ponder but I have lost interest in arguing about it.
      So with religion you get the experience of worship and giving your money and time to priests. I do not do that anymore.
      With science you get facts and even equations that work. That is exciting and worthwhile. I still enjoy that.
      With philosophy you get arguments and verbiage to play with. It never comes to much but seems good mental exercise.
      Now Dick has studied his philosophy as he knew exactly what I was getting at with revisiting Husserl. Husserl wanted to know what the hell things might be. After all his strange word creations and flaccid verbiage I think he found out nothing of what he set out to find. He takes you down the rabbit hole and leaves you there,spouting strange words and unable to turn around.
      I now understand I visited philosophy as an attempt to escape religion. I now do not know which is worse. Religion is bone headed lies and philosophy is complicated personal theory. Husserl tried like hell to reduce philosophy to equation and method but it just didn`t make it.
      I wish Dick could better explain his mysticism but it too may be more an attitude,a set of feelings that seem to inform and even comfort. When I asked him to explain what a mystic might be I did so because I do not undeerstand what it is. To be honest I have met a grand wisard of KKK and a Nazi SS general. They have the same strange quasi spirtual presance as Dick puts forward.
      So I do not know what Dick is yet he is interesting and I agree with him on a number of things. I like his resignation to life and death. I like his continuing adhesion to good science, and I like his rejection of religion. Yet I do not know what a mystic might be and I really doubt I will find out. Bill