What did that sign on the Culbone Stone mean?

  • rwr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2012
      What did that sign on the Culbone Stone mean?

      [ What do you think that sign on the Culbone Stone really means Richard
      (x). You also use the site in your novel. ]

      I have no idea. It is fascinating. It is a circled saltire cross. There
      was once a leper colony living there doing charcoal burning, so perhaps
      the sign was a keep out warning; a danger warning perhaps, and it was
      and still is in a very lonely place; even birds don't sing there :-
      ) Safe to go there now however, and albeit on private land, but it is a
      very creepy place :- ))) I noticed a few weeks ago that all the signs
      pointing to it have now been taken away.

      However when I first saw it I thought WOW, that is a fantastic sign
      depicting the mind and consciousness of man, a circle (the circumference
      of the human mind) and the cross being the lines of Time and Eternity.
      We are ever tied to cross of Time and Eternity – experiential
      empiric FACT. So, for those who like symbolism then there you go (X)
      Oh, by the way, Exmoor IS full of not only beautiful places but also
      history and mystery – go take a look for yourself. Or go walk-about
      there on the Google maps. Very clever that invention and very useful
      when you can't get to places. I have `walked' all over the
      USA and many other places by way of it. But I like it here best :- ))
      And I like to smell the pubs and sit in them for real :- ) Being among
      it all is the biggest mystery known to man. How can all this exist and
      with me IN it? Weird eh. But you can say the same about the other two
      places too. I love it all mate; truly :- )

      rwr