real appearance

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2012
      The conflict between Bill and Tim raises the issue of the real. That which Tim and Bill accuse one another hides the kernel of what is real, because their charges against one another address the same subject from different perspectives. Bill accuses Tim of interloping, and Tim accuses Bill of paranoia. Perhaps we are fooled by the appearance in order to be led to the reality of their tension. The best mask is the mask of oneself. Zizek's thoughts are dangerous because they force us to think speculatively, not commonly. To accuse someone of paranoia might alert us to the fact that we should be concerned; to warn us that we should be afraid can suggest we shouldn't be. The real dis/appears in this parallax gap; will has no power.