Post modern doctor

  • William
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2012
      I think Mary mentioned Lycan so I looked him up. Some think him practitioner, some say he was a philosopher. Was he a postmodernist? His association with Freud made much of his writing psychosexual and a sedway to feminist ideology. I can see where Mary dovetails him with Zizek and understand why I disagree with most of what he puts forward. I do not consider Lycan an existentialist, and have read some who think he was just a bag of words. His practice was denounced and his motives questioned . How do we rank this fellow? Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
        Wil is more capable of answering your questions, Bill, but from what I know of Lacan he's not postmodern or post-structural which are critical methods as opposed to philosophies. As mentioned earlier, Zizek uses Lacan to critique Hegel. Psychoanalysis is an undisputed aspect of Existentialism.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012