Re: Failed philosophies

  • William
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 29, 2011

      > Bill,
      >
      > You write:
      >
      > "Europe should mobalise and make overatures to Saudi and Turkey for a takeover of a belligerant Iran. There is a huge oil pool to fight for. Toppeling the secound of the Axis of evil may be at hand."
      >
      > I am not sure what you have got against Iran for them to be named "the second of the axes of evil".
      >
      > Yes they have religious fundamentalists in positions of power, but so do Saudi Arabia and the US.
      >
      > Yes they have a nuclear weapons programme, but so do Israel and the US.
      >
      > Yes their citizens have no rights under the law to stop them being arrested and denied access to a lawyer, but (now) neither do citizens in the US.
      >
      > Can I suggest a third "failed philosophy" after Islam and communism? That third failed philosophy would be Capitalism.
      >
      > Jim
      >Jim, finally your eccentricities begin to emerge. You probably do not remember the Iran hostage crisis,it really did not involve you. The shiate rebellion overthrew the corrupt leadership and installed a wretched theoracy. Now that theocracy involves you as they are developing missles and nuclear warheads that can reach you. We will see how you like being under the sights of maniacs. Soft europe can think of its own security as a boots on the ground US army is not going to happen.
      As to Habeus Corpus in the US there is no change so you are coming from some leftist theory that does not exist.
      You have a nuclear program and may need to use it if Iran threatens you. Get serious Jim,do you want to live in an Islamic theocracy or in the western world? I am sure the US would provide air superority but europe would have to subdue a million man army. I do not think you have the will to slog it out for years like we have in Iraque. We have reduced that hell hole to rubble but you would need nukes to save yourselves from the Iranian threat. Iran is on your door step and Iran is no joke. "Once more into the breach" Bucko. This time it is on your dime. Bill
    • William
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 30, 2011