Campaign finance reform

  • William
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2011
      Scot Turow seems a good lawyer and his ideas on the reformation of the electorial system are well reasoned if nearly impossible. I certainly do not think he writes like Neut but know he is more cogent than Zizac. Since governing is now ruled by hijacking an integral part of the governmental system and making it a narrow interest slave, Turow really proposes little alternative. He all but admits the supreme court will strike down whatever legislation might pass.
      I spoke with a judge this morning and when I mentioned the super committee he just rolled his eyes. For the forseeable future Justice Kennedy rules. He might be a good choice but he is hardly what the constitution promised.
      Lawyer Turow sees a dim ,system solution but as Obama says "We can`t wait that long". The right wing knows it is flirting with desaster in capturing the house. I say we should take the chance and cut defense . That terrifies conservatives but we can kill spending bills in the Senate. One way or another moderates will see that defense needs to be slimmed way down. The fear campaign will start and of course the media will hipe the shit out of it. The outside world wants US to defend them and we are broke. The calvery is not going to come over the hill for many more years. Sorry Europe you pay to supress Iran. Sorry Europe you print the money to bail out your nation states. There are just more people and less and less goods and services. We are going to live with less until this population bulus clears the anus of this age. Killing each other in the streets will do little to stop the worldwide discord. As I watched the discusting spraying of the students at U of Cal,Davis I realise we have a very docile youth. I really have not thought about the repurcussions of such docility. Bill